Howdy, I'm Adam!

(Adam Ironclad Wells) #1

My name is Adam, Ironclad, Wells and i’m currently a Junior Web Developer at Wray Ward.

I graduated from Charleston Southern University in May of 2016 with a BFA (Bachelor’s of Fine Arts) and an unofficial minor in Computer Science. Funny right? I went to school for graphic design but fell in love with code during my second or third semester. Since then it’s been a long fun journey and it’s crazy to look back and see how much I have grown since then. I started with the front-end but the more and more I learned I just couldn’t help but dive into the backend as well.

My proficiencies are currently in HTML/CSS/SCSS/JS/PHP in that order, and I can also design a little and love photography (which you can see here). We use vanilla javascript at WW but in my personal time I’m going to be learning a few frameworks in the future. My goal is to lose the “Junior” bit at my one year review.

I’m also responsible for creating the CSS Grid Cheat Sheet which I launched today. It’s an MVP right now and I plan on making enhancements in the future. It’s built with the CodeIgniter framework.

I’m glad to meet you all and to be a part of this group. I can’t wait to watch it grow!

(John Mason) #2

Nice to meet you, Sir Ironclad. :muscle:

I graduated with a Liberal Arts. There’s a lot of people here with nontraditional backgrounds. Nice work with the Grid Cheat Sheet!