This piece of advice was given to me and has been very helpful to me.
Try to make a routine for yourself where you do at least one interview a year… even if you really aren’t interested in leaving your current gig. What does this do for you?
- It helps you gauge the demand for your skills in the marketplace
- It keeps your interviewing skills sharp and builds confidence
- It keeps your resume updated
- It improves your negotiating skills.
The best position to negotiate is when you don’t need to negotiate!
- It keeps you up to date with what opportunities are available