Welcome to Jackrabbit Technologies.
Jackrabbit Technologies is the leading provider of software and services that help youth activity centers – gymnastics, dance, cheer, swim, music, childcare, and others – grow and operate efficiently.
We are an entrepreneurial-minded, rapidly-growing SaaS company that has been recognized as one of Charlotte’s Best Places to Work and one of North Carolina’s Top Industry-Driven Technology Companies. Jackrabbit Technologies’ SaaS solution powers over 5000 clients in 25 countries around the world.
Our culture empowers YOU.
We hire people passionate about what they do, provide them with the tools to succeed, and then get out of their way! Living our vision, mission, and values, our people are what make Jackrabbit Technologies an awesome place to work. And that “awesome place” is virtual–all of our employees enjoy the privilege of working remotely. We are open to talking to candidates who live within a two-hour drive of Charlotte.
What you’ll do.
As an Application Developer at Jackrabbit Technologies, you will join a smart, hard-working team responsible for delivering all enhancements, fixes, and escalated support responses for our SaaS application suite. You will bring a strong C# development background as well as extensive SQL development experience. Applying your architecture, design pattern, and OOD knowledge, your code will strike the right balance between performance, usability, maintainability, and security. In addition, you will:
- Collaborate with Product and UI/UX team to innovate and refine enhancement designs.
- Code and unit test assigned enhancements and fixes.
- Correct bugs found in integration, regression, and QA testing.
- Ensure responsive handling of all escalated Support requests.
- Adhere to coding, change management, source control, and DevOps standards.
- Collaborate with other Product and Engineering team members to maximize Sprint success.
- Rapidly gain a working understanding of our codebase, architecture, development stack, and infrastructure.
- Contribute to best practices in our Engineering workflow, including design patterns, coding standards, security, automated testing, pair programming, code reviews, debugging, and DevOps.
- Contribute to the conversation with internal and external users around product features, needs, usage/how to, and user experience.
- Mentor developers through paired development and code reviews.
What you’re about.
You are passionate about building great application software, and you believe applications should be intuitive and easy-to-use. You aren’t afraid to speak out to make things better. In addition, you have:
- 5+ years experience developing business applications in the .NET Framework.
- 4+ years experience with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Strong Microsoft web development skills (C#, .NET 3.5 & 4.5, ASP.NET).
- Experience working in on Agile Scrum sprints using a tool such as VSTS or Jira.
- Experience with a source control tool such as TFS, Git, or VSTS.
- Ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders, clients, and partners.
- 4-year STEM degree, or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal, written).
- Ability to multi-task, balance multiple priorities, and perform well under pressure.
- Live within a 2-hour drive of Charlotte and be able to travel to the office once a week.
What you will love about us.
- Our Culture!
- Remote Working
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Sabbatical Leave
- Paid Time Off
- Jackrabbit University Online training 24/7
Jackrabbit Technologies is an equal opportunity employer.