Twitter! What do we want to see CLT Devs tweet about regularly?

(Victoria Pinson) #1

I’m putting together a strategy for the CLT Devs Twitter. Anything that we want to see us use it for regularly?

I’m thinking on Mondays a “meetup roundup” could be cool - here’s what’s happening this week.

Maybe a Resource Wednesday - where we tweet an article, ebook, etc that the community is loving?

Friday – ?

We can obviously do more than just these, but I’d like for us to be pushing out content regularly that’s really useful for the community. Any thoughts?

(Victoria Pinson) #2

Convo from Slack planning channel:

@josh_lawson
I really like the “Meetup Roundup” idea. It also kind of positions us as the “hub” of the community, which is what we kind of envision

@josh_lawson
Resource Wednesday is cool, too. Something to drive conversation. Maybe we could post it on Twitter and invite people to come discuss it on our Slack channel?

Victoria
Yeah! It’s just another facet of the org. I can also share just those three tweets in #general each week.

Joshua Lawson [5 minutes ago]
I really like the “Meetup Roundup” idea. It also kind of positions us as the “hub” of the community, which is what we kind of envision

Joshua Lawson [4 minutes ago]
Resource Wednesday is cool, too. Something to drive conversation. Maybe we could post it on Twitter and invite people to come discuss it on our Slack channel?

Victoria [3 minutes ago]
Yeah! It’s just another facet of the org. I can also share just those three tweets in #general each week.

Joshua Lawson [2 minutes ago]
@Victoria Pinson you mean as opposed to every @ reply?

Victoria [2 minutes ago]
I mean to help people have convos about the topics inside of slack

Victoria [1 minute ago]
And I don’t want every single tweet to automatically post. Could easily be too much noise. (edited)

Joshua Lawson [< 1 minute ago]
right, right. Maybe we could post the conversation in the description?

Joshua Lawson [< 1 minute ago]
or even create a separate channel for “daily-discussion” or something.

@CarlosMed [10:25 AM]
The most emoji friday wins. With peoples consent of course. :thinking_face: (edited)

Also we can have meetups post up on there too

Victoria [Today at 10:29 AM]
in #plan-all-the-things
That could be cool! @c.med The most emoji Friday wins. haha.

Victoria [1 minute ago]
Something along those lines at least. A fun topic, like giphy wars.

carlos medina [< 1 minute ago]
Ohhhh :astonished: that’ll be a good one there

Victoria [< 1 minute ago]
Haha. I’m thinking it could be a fun way to drive people to follow us there too and participate in a fun way. At least at first.

carlos medina [1 minute ago]
Community engagement, sounds like a win to me.

Joshua Lawson [10:31 AM]
@ryanmoore we already do “Friday Wins” for the week on Friday, so maybe we could integrate the two?

Victoria [10:35 AM]
Yeah, true. Hmm… Let’s mull this over! It should be a good agenda topic as well for a meeting!

I’m posting this convo to the forum as well, so if you guys talk about it on the call tonight, can you sum up the thoughts in the forum for me?

(Victoria Pinson) #3

@ryanmoore
in #plan-all-the-things
Just a thought - feedback Fridays? You can do polls on twitter now. It could be polls about anything and everything! Again, just a thought :slightly_smiling_face:

Victoria [< 1 minute ago]
Ooooh! I like!!